In 1906, G.H. Neidengard purchased his first motorcycle and began a legacy that has endured for more than a century. He originally started off selling Excelsior motorcycles at his Steubenville location but soon realized that Harley-Davidson® was the way to go. G.H. was an avid enthusiast in a time when motorcycles were merely many people's prime source of transportation. He participated in hill-climb competition both locally and nationally and, in one 13 year period, won every event in which he was entered. His son, John F. Neidengard, followed in his competitive footsteps, participating in hill climbs, TT racing, enduros, and flat track competition. He was one of the racing fraternity fortunate enough to earn an AMA national number. In the 1930s John F. took over the reins of operating the dealership from G.H.
In 1978 the store was relocated from our original site in Steubenville to our present facility in Wintersville. The present owner, John G. Neidengard continued the racing spirit in drag racing competition winning both local and national events and, in the process, setting national records in both modified street and open class gas dragster classes. He assumed leadership at the business in 1980 and, to this day, is committed, along with his wife Kimberly, to continuing to serve the motorcycling community. Neidengard's is Ohio's oldest family-owned Harley-Davidson® dealership and one of the countries oldest.